Dr. Allen is a clinical psychologist practicing in New York City. She has trained in some of the leading psychiatric hospitals in the country, including affiliates of Weill Cornell Medical College and Harvard Medical School. She specializes in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and the treatment of Anxiety and Mood Disorders including PTSD, Depression, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. In addition to her private practice, Dr. Allen is a staff psychologist at the James J. Peters VAMC, where she provides specialized treatment to returning Iraq/Afghanistan combat veterans.
- Ph.D., Psychology, Northeastern University
- M.S., Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Vanderbilt University (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Weill Cornell Medical College/ New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Pre-Doctoral Internship: Boston VAMC/ Harvard Medical School
- Pre-Doctoral Externships: McLean Hospital; Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital; Massachusetts Mental Health Center (all affiliates of Harvard Medical School)
- New York State, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Copyright 2014 – Amanda Allen. All rights reserved.